The Guild owns an extensive library of books, workshop and study group samples, magazines, and videos for loan to members at no cost. If you are interested in borrowing an item from the guild library, email us your request or contact Maxine M directly.
Borrowing from the Guild Library is subject to the Library Guidelines.
Note: The Guild’s library list is currently being entered into LibraryThing at https://www.librarything.com/catalog/ipw/yourlibrary. Please contact Maxine M if you’d like to assist with this effort.
Most recently acquired books include:
- Clothing from the Hands that Weave – Anita Luvera Mayer
- Double Weave – Palmy Weigle
- Finishes in the Ethnic Tradition – Suzanne Baizerman and Karen Searle
- Handbook of Timesaving Tables for Weavers, Spinners, and Dyers – Bettie Roth and Chris Schultz
- Learning to Weave – Deborah Redding Chandler
- Samplers You Can Use – Penelope B. Drooker
- The Creative Art of Tassles – Nancy Welch
- The Final Steps – Beverly Gordon
- The Maker’s Hand – Peter Collingwood
- The Structure of Weaving – Ann Sutton
- Warping All by Yourself – Cay Garrett
- Weaving as an Art Form – A Personal Statement – Theo Moorman
- Weaving Ideas – Northfield Loom
- When You Thought You Were Finished – Fox Valley Area Group
Most recently acquired magazines:
- Design Collection 5: Dishtowels
- Design Collection 6: Not for Beginners Only
- Field Museum of Natural History Bulletin
- Handwoven – Jan/Feb 1985, Mar/Apr 1985, Mar/Apr 1988
- The Prairie Wool Companion – Issue 11
- Shuttle Spindle and Dyepot – Summer 1984
- The Weaver’s Journal – Summer 1980
Click here for the Complete Library List in PDF format.